Friday, July 22, 2011

Everything!!!

Okay... Today I have kind of a lot to post about!

First, I want to give you all another peek at my novel!

Here goes...!!!

Chapter 48: Anna

I curl up in the chair outside her room. I am always crying now. I can’t stop. The tears just stream constantly. Because no matter how happy I am my baby sister is still in a coma. The rough fabric of the hospital chair absorbs my fitful tears. I have no one. Out here. through all of this. I have me. They don’t even talk to me anymore, my school friends, I mean. When I stopped being shallow and vain and fake they stopped being there. Here. Supporting me.

I am so alone in this world.

And it scares me. And I stare at the plaid fabric, blurry through my cascading sorrow. How much I just don’t care about anything but Abby. And Alice. And healing.

Footsteps walk towards me.

I stay curled in a ball. Because tears would blind me anyway. And he hugs me. But I don’t even know them.The arms. Wiry and white. But I stay frozen, in the warmth of an awkward hug.

Chapter 49: Alice

George left. Me. I woke up and my fuzzy vision revealed his absence.
I am scared.
He’s never left before.
And after that weird popular girl came.
The one I was matched with.

She came, I guess, but I was asleep and then I woke up and it was really scary because she was so weak and that is not how she is supposed to look. She is one of those flawless girls. And now, though I try not to be, I am scared for her.

Chapter 50: Anna

The wiry kid is the same one as the one in Alice’s room and he just sat down next to me and he is about to say something and thoughts race thorugh my mind. My heart pounds. Questions. But why is he here?

“Hi.” He says it as if it is the most normal thing in the world. Because it should be. But nothing is normal in these hallways. And he continues, his pale face and red as blood lips barely moving as he enunciates perfectly. “I am Alice’s older brother.” I had wondered. Who the thin boy was. because he was thin. So thin. He still is. I guess I am too. It is so hard to break yourself away to eat.

I look at him. Square in the eye. It shows me nothing. Glazed over, closed to the world. But that tells me everything. It says how hard this is for him. How close he is to her. How hopeful he was. How resigned he is. He is my story. Every last piece of it.
“I need a favor,” he says.

My life was changed forever.

Chapter 51: Alice

He hugs me. Which I must say, is QUITE a feat. There are a million wires in me. Out of me. Winding around me. Burrowing through my skin and hiding underneath me flesh. Vampires, sucking at my blood.

He pulls away and looks at me. Oh George. My father. And I his mother. There is a muted hope in his eyes. But it is in his face too. I almost ask him. But I won’t miss the sad, resigned look.


Did you like it?!?!

... And Second!!!

Skyscraper is a really great song I actually discovered just recently!

Last, here is Christina Grimmie's new music video. Personally, I really don't like it. I love her. Adore her voice. But I really don't think this is her best. Tell me what you think?

Whoo. That was long. Now go process it all!

No comments:

Post a Comment